2013 has arrived – and our full schedules continue on. It is hard to find a weeknight with both of us at home; and weekends have their share of events going on through February.
We both made some New Year’s resolutions. I decided to up my daily run to a minimum 1.25 miles in lieu of 1.0 miles (sick days and vacation days are exempt). Also, I am going to continue my use of rebags and elimination of new plastic bags. And then finally – continue operation declutter. Whether it is my email inbox, or items around the house…if we don’t use it – lose it.
Rob decided he would learn four new things a week.
The first vacation of the year is planned for mid-May. It looks to be Great Basin National Park, Capitol Reef National Park, and Cedar Breaks National Monument. We will probably throw a half day at Zion as well (who can resist if you are driving right by!). Prices are up all around – so I am going to really have to research this one out good. We are only going for five days due to work problems…ugh. I am hoping that we will be able to do a full 7 or 8 days (two weekends and five days in between) in September or October. I am going to put my foot down a work. They are trying to tell me I have a “block out” day every week of the month – that just isn’t going to fly.
va-ca-tion (noun, often attributive): a period spend away from home or business in travel or recreation ...I happen to think that "a period" should consist of a week. I don't think that is an unreasonable assumption, is it?
I am irked as our local paper has another teacher strike looming for next week. They have the audacity to threaten the strike just a week after they had two full weeks off for Christmas. Bahumbug. I am tired of hearing about the poor teachers…and then looking at my tax bill.
The Dog-G's are doing well. We have reworked the second bedroom to be a dog-room; their daytime crates are spacious and they each have a window. Upon coming back from our morning walk, both dogs bolt upstairs to their kennels with their tails wagging. It has made the mornings so easy. Puppy dog Andra and Mr. Rowan continue to be the sunshine in our lives. They are a pack though - and continue to be not-so-friendly or accepting of others.
I'll try to be a better blogger in 2013...happy new year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Happy New Year! Sounds like you've set yourself some good goals for 2013. Here is hoping you meet them all, and that you get at least a full week's vacation here and there.
All fine choices. Sure hope you can make those long weeks.
Happy new year!
Sounds like a plan...I love vacations!
Ahhh...You will be visiting many of the Utah Nat'l Parks we did last fall. Love them all...Lynda
Post a Comment